Today, I’m speaking with Peter Arlein, Founder and CEO of mountainFLOW eco-wax.
Peter has been in the Outdoor Industry for over 20 years working as a ski patroller and raft guide.
In 2016 he started MountainFLOW eco-wax with a straightforward mission: provide a simple and eco-friendly way to improve the skiing experience. Their first product was a water-based anti-stick spray that reduced snow and ice buildup on top of skis.
Located in Carbondale CO they’ve since added more ski bike products to the line.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Sign up for my Newsletter HERE
I’d love to hear your feedback about the show!
You can contact me here: email@example.com
Questions we Discussed
- What was your first outdoor experience?
- tell us about the path from Biology and Neuroscience at Colby College to an MBA at the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics at the University of Alaska. before we get into ski wax what was the Seafood business like?
- and when did you first have the idea for eco-friendly ski wax?
- and it’s made entirely from plants?
- what was the iteration process from raw paraffin to eco-friendly ski wax?
- how many non-stick pans and stove burners did you ruin?
- how big was the business when you went on Shark Tank?
- how did their investment help?
- Now you have plant-based water bottles, a bike maintenance kit, and recycled aluminum poles, what else are you working on that you can share with us?
- are all your products made in the US?
- do you sell to retailers?
- how often do you get to ski and ride?
- Do you have any suggestions and/or advice for folks with a product idea to get it into production?
- What is your favorite outdoor gear purchase under $100? Solar-charged, battery-powered string lights.
- How about some of your favorite books? Flow-The Psychology of Optimal Experience
To learn more about Peter and mountainFLOW eco-wax, visit their website at: mountainFLOW eco-wax
You can also visit Peter and mountainFLOW eco-wax on these social sites:
If you enjoy interviews devoted to the outdoor industry, find us online at ricksaez.com/listen. We welcome likes and comments, and if you know someone who is also an outdoor enthusiast, go ahead and share our site with them, too.
#Peter Arlein #mountainFLOWeco-wax #colbycollege #outdoor-activities, #skiing, #biking, #eco-friendlyproducts, #entrepreneurship #RickSaez #TheOutdoorBizPodcast #PodcastInterview #OWAA
Note: As an Affiliate of Amazon and others, I earn from qualifying purchases.