One of the best ways to reach people is through stories and your voice. Stories enable you to describe your message in vivid detail. Your voice also allows for a more intimate connection with your listener.
Maya Angelou said: “Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning”
Podcasting is an opportunity for your business to inspire, motivate, and yes sell more, using your voice!
I’m hearing from a lot of Outdoor Businesses that there are Three things everyone is looking for and most aren’t getting:
1. More Customers
2. Increased Sales
3. Stronger engagement
Your Podcast Will Deliver
I discovered podcasting while commuting to my day job and haven’t looked back. I was traveling 45 minutes one way and had lots of windshield time to listen to podcasts. This was when podcasting was starting its growth phase.
Podcasters were beginning to hit their stride and even become famous. John Lee Dumas, Pat Flynn, and others were becoming household names. One of my favorites is the Tim Ferris Show, you might recall Tim from his book The Four Hour Work Week. He basically conducts interviews with his buddies and a wide variety of guests he’s met through his travels, research, investing, and such. He shares their stories, offers advice, and delivers interesting conversations.
As I was mindlessly staring through the windshield one day it hit me . . . hell, I can do this and share all the stories and tips from the interesting, active, smart people in the Outdoor and Adventure business. Thus The Outdoor Biz Podcast was born enabling me to 10X my reach, and help brands, individuals, and outdoor/adventure businesses launch successful podcasts of their own.
How I leveraged 20 years of Experience and Connections:
My extensive experience in guiding and leadership has taught me to effectively plan and manage itineraries, operations, budgets, guides, vendors, and outfitters for paddling, trekking and photography adventures in California, Utah, Alaska as well as sea kayaking in Baja Mexico. North America is only one of the seven great land masses in this world and I’ve been fortunate to get a taste for six of them. I have explored Antarctica, the Karnali River in Nepal, the Caucasus Mountains in the Republic of Georgia near the border of Russia, the Marsh Fork of the Canning River in the Arctic, the Tatshenshini River in Alaska and too many adventures in North America to list. These travel adventures have proved invaluable in guiding me to develop award-winning outdoor equipment that speaks to the needs of the individual explorer.
- Your sound, your tone, your pitch, your inflection, excitement, concern are each unique to you. Listeners can tell from listening when you are excited, serious, or simply stating the obvious. They only get that from hearing your voice, and listening is “always” available to them.
- Yes, you’re right they can also get those attributes from your videos. The catch here is they can’t “always” watch your videos. Can’t watch while they drive, or hike, or bike. I think you get my point, they can’t “always” watch. Listening is “always” available to them.
- Where you’re followers are and what your followers are doing is irrelevant to podcasting. They can download your show to their phone, put their earbuds in, and listen everywhere. Listening is an “always on” feature in humans.
PRODUCT FEATURES: WHAT'S INSIDE THE PODCASTERS WORKSHOP
In today’s world, eﬀective communication is key, but challenging amongst the noise. Successful companies make strategic use of the myriad of tools across the range of media to showcase their company, products, ambassadors, and positioning on a range of contemporary and relevant issues. We are experts in the eﬃcient and focused use of these tools and are here to help you, either to simply get started or to optimize communication for your brand.
“But if we can create a show with someone like entrepreneur and author Seth Godin about what it means to be successful and being the most productive person around, that’s going to appeal to exactly the kind of people that ZipRecruiter wants to reach.”
– Lex Friedman, CRO of Midroll
“Brands know that [branded podcasts] are an eﬀective way to reach an audience that otherwise is hard to reach in an engaging way with a longer story that can only unfold over time.”
– Matt Lieber, Cofounder and President of Gimlet Media
Workshops and Courses
Podcasters Workshops and Courses will show you how to:
- Identify your podcast style and your ideal listener so you deliver the most value possible and make the biggest impact in the simplest way possible.
- The next piece is to actually create a concise show format and episode “Flow”. Making your podcast irresistible so your followers say YES, I WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT!!
- Next up is to create your podcast brand and choose your equipment as you develop your signature style and sound (so you deliver consistent value for your listeners and are walking your talk).
- Then In Module 4, you’ll learn simple recording techniques, so you can rest assured you’re delivering great sound and content to your ideal listeners.
- Finally, Module 5 includes prepping and organizing your files and publishing your show to the directories like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, etc, and promoting your show so you turn a one-time listener into a repeat customer and letting the world know You’re Here!
What You Get
- Clear, simple to understand training to produce and publish your podcast
- How to build your format, what to put in your Intros and Outros, and Show Notes.
- The necessary elements to make a clean, easily recognizable podcast brand and help your show be seen and get found.
- The best microphone, accessories, recording tools, and editing software for your needs.
- Steps to follow for recording and producing your show.
- How to prep the content for publishing your show
- The necessary recording, editing, and production workflow and templates to deliver consistency and quality to your listeners.
Done for You Services
Branded Podcast Content Creation
We oﬀer a complete “done for you service”, which includes a full palette of podcast opportunities, from creating & launching Your Podcast to the design, production, publication, and promotion of branded podcast content.
We work with your team to produce and publish content around your sales, marketing and product initiatives.
We create and produce podcast content in format(s) of your choosing. Long or short-form interviews; presentations around new products or launch of new initiatives; content that tracks the progress of a project like a product launch; event reporting; educational format around product or activity.
Launch Your Podcast
We work with you and Create, Produce, and Publish your Podcast (ﬁrst 4 episodes) and provide you with a process you can follow to consistently deliver a Podcast for your brand.
We Work with your team to create, produce, and publish the ﬁrst 4 episodes of your brand podcast:
- Identify your podcast style and determine your ideal listener.
- Build your show format and episode Flow.
- Create your podcast brand.
- Choose your equipment and learn simple recording techniques.
- Build Episodes, Organize and Prep your ﬁles, Upload to your website, your media host, and publish your show to the world.
Reach your followers 24/7 . . . whether they’re on a bike, hike, climb, paddle or taking a nap! Pretty sure you can’t do that with your YouTube Channel, Blog Post, or Email Newsletter. Call us today and get a FREE Promo Trailer with your first 4 episodes.
If you are not completely satisfied with your investment, you may request a refund on unused coaching time. (It is rare, but it does happen that a coach and client may be ill-matched and it is best for both parties to go their separate ways.) However, there are no refunds on used Coaching and Consulting time, because once I spend time with you, I can’t get it back. I can’t guarantee results in a coaching or consulting relationship because results depend on your openness to being coached and your willingness to do the work. And if you’re here, I’m confident you’re willing and ready to do the work.
Regarding our Done for You services we will work to make it MORE than you hoped it would be.